Thursday 1 December 2011

The Hunt for a Better (and Available) Breakfast Sandwich

A couple of weeks ago I awoke to find I was fired up to complete....things.  Not wanting to let this moment pass, I leapt out of bed, made some tea, and then settled in front of my laptop to tinker with my Coast Guard resume and transform it into a Medical Recpetion resume.  After half an hour that was complete.  I printed it off, put it in my folder, got dressed, grabbed a box of CD's that Heather wanted to sell/trade/donate, asked her if she wanted a breakfast sandwich from Tim Hortons (to which she said yes), and walked out the front door. 

I drove over to the Vancouver Island Health Authorities' (VIHA) human resources building and after navigating the halls wound up in the basement seeking to submit my resume.  I was informed that VIHA no longer deals in paper resumes.  It is all done over the internet.  So I left there, hopped back in the car, drove downtown and parked near the Tim Hortons.  It was 11:30am and their breakfast menu goes til noon so I figured I would try and get some money for Heather's CDs before that.  Went to Lyle's place, a used cd/record store, showed them the CDs, was told that Heather's CDs were worth nothing to them so just left them there.  Went back to Timmy's for my breakfast sandwich.  It was 11:45am.  They told me they were out, and would not be making more.  {sigh}  I, however, was not in a mood to be detered. 

I left Timmy's, leapt in the car, drove home, cracked my laptop and tracked down a recipe for a resonable facsimile of that breakfast sandwich which like everything that day was eluding me.  Found this website, and got right to baking.  90 minutes later?  We had this.


Tasted pretty damn spectacular.  The only problem (or blessing depending on how you look at it) was the recipe made 16 biscuits.  So guess who had Nate's breakfast biscuits 5 days in a row?  {smile}

2 comments:

  1. Well hello my sweet young man!!
    I was certain that I sent you a message about your breakfast creation. But maybe I just don't know what I'm doing with this blog thing....or it was a photo on facebook??
    I won't get too "wordy" in case you don't see this anyway...I do tend to do that..lol
    Love always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...I've been waiting...and waiting and wondering what new and wonderful things you will share with us. Perhaps you can send me a message when you're added something - I LOVE all you blog entries!!
    Miss you!! Big hugs to you and beautiful "Heath"
    Mom
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete